- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup white wine
- ¾ cup egg white
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. Fresh ground pepper
- 8 cups high fibre bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (about ¾ of a loaf)
- 3 cups leftover turkey meat (skin & fat removed!), cooked and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 100 g Light Mozzarella, grated
- 50 g Parmesan, grated
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 9 inch spring form pan and place on a baking tray.
- In a sauté pan, add 1 and heat for 1 minutes over medium heat, then add 2 -4 and sauté for 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- In the same pan, add 5-7 and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add 8-9, then simmer until almost all liquid has evaporated (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk 10-15. Then add 16, toss to coat and let soak for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooled vegetables and add 17-18 into bread mixture.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle 19 on top.
- Bake for 50-60 min, until top is golden brown and center springs back when pressed.
- Cut into 8 and serve!
- Try “European Bakery” Ukrainian Rye or Barley Bread in this recipe – just delicious and wheat free!
- You may want to reserve some of the milk in step 6. The bread mixture should be fully covered and wet, but milk should not be pourable after soaking.
- This dish makes a perfect ‘plate’ when served with a green salad, grilled or sautéed veggies – enjoy!
- Check out the blog article about this recipe!
Nutrient Content Per serving:
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat||10.7 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.9 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||52.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8.1 g|