- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 3 large Sweet potatoes or yams, skin on, cut into ¾ inch cubes
- ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Garam Masala paste
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- ¼ of a large red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped cashews, lightly toasted (optional)
- Add 1 and 2 into a large bowl. Use your hands to toss and evenly coat the sweet potatoes before adding to a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Change the oven settings to 450 F and allow potatoes to become golden brown (~10-12 minutes).
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3-8.
- Combine the warm sweet potatoes with the dressing and gently toss until well combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator ~1 hour.
- Garnish with 9,10, and 11 (as desired) and serve.
- Makes 5-6 servings.
- Patak’s Garam Masala Curry paste is what we use for this recipe. You could substitute Garam Masala curry powder alternatively.
- This delicious salad pairs wonderfully with a mixed greens salad and a protein of your choosing on the barbeque. It tastes great the next day!
- For a larger serving, split the yield into 5 servings which will change the calories per serving to 210. The calories per serving below include the use of all garnishes (nuts, craisins, cilantro).
Nutrient Content Per serving:
Curried Sweet Potato Salad
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat||5.9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.8 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||27.3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.1 g|