- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 3 cups eggplant, unpeeled and diced in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1- 540mL can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into 1/2 inch
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup green beans, chopped 2” in length
- 2 tsp. jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. Madras curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1- 400mL can light coconut milk (50 calories per ½ cup or less)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- ¼ cup dry roasted salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- In a large pot, heat 1 over medium-low heat and add 2 and stir for 2 min until they turn a shade darker.
- In the same pot, add 3 -4 and cook over medium high heat for 5 min.
- Add 5-14 to cook and stir for 5 min.
- Add 15 and bring to boil.
- Cook over medium low heat for 10 min until sauce has thickened and veggies tender, stir occasionally.
- Spoon curry into large bowl and sprinkle 16-17 and enjoy!
- Serves 4-6 (see serving sizes below)
- If 3 cup serving sizes are used when serving this recipe, this recipe satisfies the protein and vegetable portion of the plate model. All you need to add is a starch. Serve over cooked barley for an all-inclusive dinner – enjoy!
Cashew Coconut-Vegetable Curry
|6 Servings (approx. 2 cups per serving)|
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat||7.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||33.7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8.3 g|