- 600g boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1” pieces (about 4 large chicken breasts)
- ½ tsp. salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large cooking onion, very finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated and finely chopped
- 3 tsp. Monsoon Tandoori curry powder
- 1 tsp. Monsoon Tobago Habanero curry powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 cup pureed canned peeled plum tomatoes
- ½ cup Pacific Foods Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- ½ cup ½ and ½ table cream (10% M.F. or less)
- In a large pot sauté 1-3 over medium heat until not quite cooked and some pink remains, remove from pot and cover with tin foil, set aside.
- In the same pot, very slowly sauté 4-5 (20-30 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Add 6-10 to pot and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add 11 and 12 and bring contents to simmer until reduced, about 10-15 more minutes.
- Just before you are ready to serve this dish and pot contents are simmering, add chicken, simmer for an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add 13, stir and enjoy!
- Serves 6 (roughly 1 cup servings)
- Monsoon Coast Exotic World Spices provided the expert curry mixtures that make this recipe such a success and aside from a few modifications we made to keep the calories down, Monsoon also provided this recipe: check out their website for where to buy these spices! http://monsooncoast.com/monsoon.html?main=/links.html
- Make sure to use a proper cooking onion (not a sweet or white onion) and sauté very slowly as directed – this process really enhances the flavor of the recipe
- Serve over 1 cup of cooked pot barley alongside your favorite vegetables and you’ve successfully followed the plate model!
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat||8.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.8 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8.4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.6 g|